Saturday, February 29, 2020

Arlington; Sunnyside Branch - Week 26

24 February 2020


Hey fam,

What's good?

Right out the gate I'm just tryina' say that ya girl out here in Washington did not have A SINGLE. MIGRAINE. THIS WEEK!!!!! A huge deal. I am extremely grateful.

My back is still a little crazy town, but my amazing PT brother in law, Kevin sent me some exercises to do and I am already feeling stronger, and way less pain in my back. Let me tell you all, I am enjoying this moment while I have it. Ya girl is back in business, people!! Tomorrow I'm off to PT and they'll snap me around and hopefully help me out even more.(:

This week was quite the ride. It started out with an exchange with the one, the only Sister Snowder! My buddy, my pal. Hahaha. During my first transfer in the mission, we were both companions to the STL's in the Zone, so we went on 7 exchanges. So this was our 8th exchange. We're basically companions. Hahaha. Anyway, I always love my time in YSA, because not only is it English, it's people my age, so we can just speak our minds and really make the magic happen. Haha. It was awesome.

Hermana Fuller and I have just been grinding to get Jairo ready for his baptism and after a crazy week full of lessons, we did it! Jairo is ready to rumble and this weekend, he's getting dunked!!! It is so insane to see how the Lord brings about his work. When we tracted into Jairo, it was just a couple of days before his family moved to another home in Marysville. He was so ready to receive the restored gospel and he has helped our other friends learn and progress in the Gospel as well. The man is a legend!! I'm so grateful to have been able to get to know him and see his progression over time. Jairo is a miracle and we love him so so much! He and his sister invited us over to dinner to celebrate this Saturday and they made this dish called Pollo con Tajadas and let me tell you, it. was. amazing. Keeks this part is for you. I totally forgot to take a picture, but he sent us this picture:


It looked and tasted even better than the picture. I guess there is another dish they do in Honduras that's basically like chili, but no beans and double the meat and they just combined the dishes. So we had the fried bananas, chopped lettuce, chicken, chili stuff, all drizzled with the special sauce. Crazy town. Honduras is the promised land. Hahahaha.

It was also a great experience to get to know his family a little bit better. They all have a lot of potential and they'll be at the baptism on Saturday, so pray that we can make some magic happen and set up some lessons! His sister was saying that Jairo has changed a lot (for the better) since we started teaching him, so that was awesome to hear, too. The Gospel changes people, folks.

We also went to Granite Falls to do some yard work for this old Peruvian Lady and that was awesome, too. It was super fun to get dirty and just garden for a couple of hours. The Elders in Granite Falls came, too, and she just yelled at them the whole time about how to do the tasks they were doing. It was a good time. We're all going back this week. 




Okay, last but not least. Papi. I finished "Saints". Yes. Your daughter. Who would have thought? Sofia Jimenez, the girl who hates books, reading and finishing a 586-page non-fiction book. Crazy town. The mission really does change people. It was pretty awesome, though. If you want to learn all of the nitty-gritty details about church history and also get excited about the restoration for the next conference, read "Saints" fam.

Anyway, that's all I have for this week. Sorry there's nothing too crazy about it. Hahaha. I hope all is well and I am so thankful for all of the prayers that I am receiving.

Congratulations to my uncle who was able to officially adopt my cute little cousins, Dallas and Ace, this week! I love you guys so much!🎊🎉❤

Okay people. God is good. He hears and answers prayers. Christ is your Savior and he died for you!! There is nothing in this world that we have to take beyond the cross. Let Him in and He will change your heart and heal your soul.
John 14:18: "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."
That's a promise.

I love you,
God loves you more!

Hna Jimenez

ps: Augga made us stew and it was THE BEST.



pps: I found my dad in the children's Book of Mormon. Check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arlington; Sunnyside Branch - Week 30... The News

23 March 2020 Hello friends and family! I have felt all your love so strongly this week. Thank you so much for your prayers and emails...