Monday, February 10, 2020

Arlington; Sunnyside Branch - Week 24

10 February 2020

Hello lovely people!!!

Hermana Jimenez out here, reporting on another week.

This week was super, super tough because Hermana Fuller and I were super sick, BUT my migraines are finally calming down for the most part. I've been able to release a lot of the tension using these things called yoga balls that my mom sent me. I am finally to the point where I can get my neck to crack and pop and that helps a lot. If all goes well, I should be headed to PT this week.

I am being transferred, so I have to say goodbye to Arlington and my amazing companion and move on to somewhere and someone new. I'm sad to leave, but it is time for a change.

I've learned a lot the past few weeks about resilience. I've come to the conclusion that a lot of life is just a mental game. When people used to ask me how I got through SJS I used to tell them, "I don't really have an option, so I have to just try to have a good attitude and get through it." The hard thing about the mission is the fact that I do have an option. I'm choosing to be out here. I'm choosing to deal with all of my migraines and back pain. I'm choosing to keep going. It's really hard to know you have a choice.

I think the solution is to decide you don't. I committed to serve a fulltime mission so as long as I can keep rowing I'm going to because it isn't a choice to go back on something good that you committed to doing. It just isn't.

So yes. That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to decide that it isn't a choice to give up when it gets hard. I'm going to let go of all the things that I can't control and do the best I can.

That's all anyone can ask of me.

That's the realization I made this week.

We've been teaching these two awesome guys named Francisco y Manuel. They've helped me realize that it doesn't matter where we're coming from. All that matters is where our heart is and Francisco y Manuel have hearts. of. GOLD. Hahahaha.

My invitation to you is to welcome EVERY person to be a part of your worship. No matter their color, age, culture, or experience in the church, We're all children of a loving Heavenly Father and he invites ALL to come sit at the table.

I love you.
God loves you more.


Hermana Jimenez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Arlington; Sunnyside Branch - Week 30... The News

23 March 2020 Hello friends and family! I have felt all your love so strongly this week. Thank you so much for your prayers and emails...